College Panhellenic Council (CPH)
The Panhellenic Council at Columbus State University is the governing body for the following sororities at the university: Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Zeta, Phi Mu, and Xi Theta. The Panhellenic Council at CSU develops and maintains women's sorority life and interfraternity relations to a high level of accomplishment, and in doing so:
- Considers the goals and ideals of member groups as continually applicable to campus and personal life;
- Promotes superior scholarship as basic to intellectual achievement;
- Cooperates with member sororities and the university administration in concern for and maintenance of high social and moral standards;
- Contributes to the excellence of the University and the outside community through service and academic achievement; and
- Enhances and maintains standards of individual members of this Panhellenic Council through inter-sorority and inter-community relations and high emphasis on academic achievement, all in cooperation with University administration and faculty.
The Columbus State University Panhellenic Association hosts a weekly meeting of the chapter’s Panhellenic Delegates. Each member sorority sends two delegates to the meetings, and these women serve as the representative voice of their chapters on all action items. The Panhellenic Association is an active member of the National Panhellenic Conference.
The Panhellenic Creed
"We, as Undergraduate Members of women's fraternities, stand for good scholarship,
of good health, for maintenance of fine standards, and for serving, to the best of our ability, our
college community. Cooperation for furthering fraternity life, in harmony with its best possibilities, is the ideal that shall guide our fraternity activities."
"We, as Fraternity Women, stand for service through the development of character inspired
close contact and deep friendship of individual fraternity and Panhellenic life. The opportunity for wide and wise human service, through mutual respect and helpfulness, is the tenet by which we strive to live"
How to Join a Panhellenic Sorority
In the fall, CPH has Formal Recruitment. Formal Recruitment is a mutual selection process that allows potential members the opportunity to become acquainted with as many sororities as possible so they may make informed decisions concerning membership. During Formal Recruitment, prospective members will meet and talk to members of the chapters in the Panhellenic community. In addition, prospective members will have the opportunity to learn about each sorority and meet tons of new people. In the spring, some chapters will have an informal recruitment where member chapters hold events on their own. You can contact individual chapters if you are interested in informal recruitment.
Requirements to Join a Panhellenic Sorority
To join a Panhellenic sorority and participate in recruitment, prospective members must register at ics.recruiter.org. There is a $35.00 non-refundable fee to complete your registration. Each organization has its own requirements set by their (inter)national organization and CSU chapter. Please contact the CSU chapter that you are interested in to find out their requirements.