Our mission is to provide safe and reliable transportation for our passengers.
Transportation is what we do for "U" at CS"U"
You are the reason we are here.
Because of the COVID-19 challenges we face, we are more dedicated than ever toward your safe return to campus this fall. We have deployed a number of health and safety practices and protocols designed around guidance and mandates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Georgia Department of Public Health, and University System of Georgia.
We have implemented a sanitizing policy that results in the constant cleaning of the buses throughout the day. In addition to constant cleaning, our shuttles will adhere to physical distancing guidelines, including having hand sanitizing stations, Plexiglas barriers between each row of seats.
A Columbus State University ID is required to ride shuttle.
For your safety and your fellow riders, face coverings will be required at all times while onboard the buses.
Bus Shuttle Schedule
- ALL TIMES ON THE SCHEDULES ARE DEPARTURE TIMES.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before departure time.
- The buses run in twenty minute intervals and over-crowding is often an issue during
peak periods. To minimize standing, it is recommended to plan to leave before the
last bus to your destination. Plan to leave at least two buses before your desired
arrival time at your destination.
For example: You need to arrive at River Park by 8:30am from Courtyard One, plan to depart Courtyard One at 7:19 or 7:39 am to allow you time enough to be able to wait on the next shuttle, if needed.
- Wheelchair Lift Buses Departure times are the Blue and Black Routes.
- Please observe the policy of not eating or drinking on the shuttle bus. Food should be tied in a bag or a closed box and drinks should have a secured cap. No Eating and No Drinking Policy is in place to maintain clean, safe condition of bus. Please do not ask driver to overlook this policy, this is for your benefit. All other food or drinks should be disposed of before boarding bus.
- Buses only run on days that the campus is open.
- Students needing transportation to other parts of the city may also ride the Metra Transit system at a discount with their valid, current student ID Card. The cost is $1.00 per use. Metra Transit's schedule can be viewed on the Metra website. Columbus Metra Transit System also offers a monthly unlimited rider pass at the student discount rate of $23.00.
- There have been changes to the schedule for students that board at the Piggly Wiggly stop on 13th street. Please see the posted "Piggly Wiggly Schedule for the shuttle departure times.
- Service may be limited on light traffic days like finals and semester breaks and Holidays.
- During semester breaks service may be requested.
(The request for service requires 24 hour notice and may not always be available)
Please use "ALL BUS ROUTES" Schedule at bottom of this page. "Bus Routes" needs to be adjusted to reflect the correct
CSU buses transport students each weekday with a modified schedule on Fridays, Weekends and Holidays.
CSU Transportation Department operates Shuttles between Main campus and RiverPark campus.
The buses will stop for passengers at designated stops only.
Fall and Spring Semester service operates between hours of 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays.
With both routes, please note that:
- Buses run on a tight schedule; arrive at the stop five minutes early.
- Buses run Monday-Friday with reduced hours of service on Weekends.
- The Transportation Department has a No Eating and No Drinking on the bus policy.
- All liquid should be in containers with twist on lids or caps.
- All food should be in bags for transportation.
For more information, call Potiphar Alexander, 706-507-8062 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
For information after 5:00 pm and weekends, contact CSU Public Safety at 706-568-2022.
Bus Route can be found: Columbus State University Bus Route.
If you have any feedback about the Columbus State University shuttles or routes, please contact us via our Feedback Form.
All Bus Routes
- Frank Brown (PDF)
- Fontaine (PDF)
- Oglethorpe (PDF)
- RiverPark (PDF)
- One Arsenal (PDF)
- Carpenter (PDF)
- Cherokee West
(To River Park from Davidson)
- Cherokee East
(To Davidson from River Park)
- Piggly Wiggly West
(To River Park from Davidson)
- Piggly Wiggly East
(To Davidson from River park)
- Library Extended hours (PDF)